The UFC’s planned May 9th return looks set to go ahead after confirming the location and venue of three cards, all to happen in the space of eight days.
Speaking to ESPN, UFC president Dana White confirmed that UFC 249 will take place at the VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville without a live audience.
“They want to fight. People are hitting us up and want to fight,” White said. “We’re putting together three cards in a week. People who want to fight are going to get fights.”
UFC 249 is set to be headlined by an interim lightweight championship fight between Tony Ferguson (25-3) and Justin Gaethje (21-2) while White would also reveal that 10 additional bouts on the card have been agreed to and signed, including a co-main event bantamweight title fight between champion Henry Cejudo (15-2) and Dominick Cruz (22-2).
UFC 249 is now slated to feature:
- Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje – interim lightweight title fight
- Henry Cejudo (c) vs. Dominick Cruz – bantamweight title fight
- Francis Ngannou vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
- Jeremy Stephens vs. Calvin Kattar
- Donald Cerrone vs. Anthony Pettis
- Greg Hardy vs. Yorgan De Castro
- Alexsei Oleinik vs. Fabricio Werdum
- Carla Esparza vs. Michelle Waterson
- Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza vs. Uriah Hall
- Vicente Luque vs. Niko Price
- Charles Rosa vs. Bryce Mitchell