It received’t be for Henry Cejudo’s title after his alleged retirement, however Sandhagen (12-1 MMA, 5-Zero UFC) and Sterling (18-Three MMA, 10-Three UFC) will combat for prime contender place in one of many sport’s deepest weight lessons.
MMA Junkie confirmed with folks near the scenario that contracts have been signed by each fighters. The folks request anonymity as a result of UFC has but to make an official announcement.
Sandhagen has been pushing for a giant combat at 135 kilos since he beat Raphael Assuncao at UFC 241 in August to increase his profitable streak to seven fights. He was angling for a matchup with Dominick Cruz subsequent, however then Cruz acquired the short-notice name to combat Cejudo at UFC 249 earlier this month.
Sterling, in the meantime, is on a stable four-fight run of his personal. He most just lately outpointed Pedro Munhoz to a choice at UFC 238 in June 2019.
The newest UFC 250 lineup now consists of:
- Amanda Nunes vs. Felicia Spencer
- Devin Clark vs. Alonzo Menifield
- Ian Heinisch vs. Gerald Meerschaert
- Jussier Formiga vs. Alex Perez
- Charles Byrd vs. Maki Pitolo
- Neil Magny vs. Anthony Rocco Martin
- Cory Sandhagen vs. Aljamain Sterling