Kevin Holland received’t be making a fast turnaround, in spite of everything.
Holland (17-5 MMA, 4-2 UFC) was scheduled to battle Daniel Rodriguez at UFC on ESPN 9 on Saturday. Nonetheless, he was not given medical clearance to compete after sustaining an harm in coaching.
Two individuals with information of the state of affairs knowledgeable MMA Junkie of Holland’s elimination however requested to stay nameless because the promotion has but to make an official announcement. It’s believed the promotion is presently in search of a substitute to tackle Rodriguez (11-1 MMA, 1-Zero UFC).
UFC on ESPN 9 takes place Saturday on the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. The occasion airs on ESPN and streams on ESPN+.
Holland, 27, was scheduled to make a 14-day turnaround. On Might 16, Holland defeated Anthony Hernandez by TKO in 39 seconds. The battle in opposition to Rodriguez was anticipated to be his welterweight debut within the UFC.
As for Rodriguez, the Dana White’s Contender Collection alumnus is using excessive off a submission victory over Tim Means in February. The Donald Cerrone protege has received eight straight fights.
With Holland’s elimination the UFC on ESPN 9 lineup consists of:
MAIN CARD (9 p.m. ET, ESPN/ESPN+)
- Gilbert Burns vs. Tyron Woodley
- Blagoy Ivanov vs. Augusto Sakai
- Daniel Rodriguez vs. TBA
- Roosevelt Roberts vs. Brok Weaver
- Hannah Cifers vs. Mackenzie Dern
PRELIMINARY CARD (6 p.m. ET, ESPN/ESPN+)
- Katlyn Chookagian vs. Antonina Shevchenko
- Spike Carlyle vs. Billy Quarantillo
- Klidson Abreu vs. Jamahal Hill
- Tim Elliott vs. Brandon Royval
- Casey Kenney vs. Louis Smolka
- Chris Gutierrez vs. Vince Morales