LAS VEGAS – MMA Junkie was on scene and reporting dwell from Friday’s official UFC on ESPN 9 fighter weigh-ins, the place all however one fighter hit their marks for Saturday’s card.
In the primary occasion, former welterweight champion Tyron Woodley (19-4-1 MMA, 9-3-1 UFC) takes on contender Gilbert Burns (18-Three MMA, 11-Three UFC). Woodley was the primary to come back to the dimensions within the two-hour weigh-ins window and was 170.5 kilos. Burns weighed in at 170.5, as properly, to make the headliner official.
Within the co-feature, Blagoy Ivanov (18-Three MMA, 2-2 UFC) meets Augusto Sakai (14-1-1 MMA, 3-Zero UFC) in a heavyweight bout. Ivanov was 255.5 kilos. Sakai got here in at 259.5.
The one weight miss was from Brok Weaver (15-Four MMA, 1-Zero UFC), who was 157.5 kilos and didn’t make an extra try to chop additional. His opponent, Roosevelt Roberts (9-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC), was on the mark at 156. Weaver will give up 20 p.c of his purse to Roberts.
The weigh-ins happened on the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. UFC on ESPN 9 takes place on the similar venue. The occasion airs on ESPN and streams on ESPN+.
The complete UFC on ESPN 9 weigh-in outcomes included:
MAIN CARD (ESPN/ESPN+, 9 p.m. ET)
- Tyron Woodley (170.5) vs. Gilbert Burns (170.5)
- Blagoy Ivanov (255.5) vs. Augusto Sakai (259.5)
- Spike Carlyle (150) vs. Billy Quarantillo (149.5) – 150-pound catchweight
- Roosevelt Roberts (156) vs. Brok Weaver (157.5)*
- Hannah Cifers (115.5) vs. Mackenzie Dern (115.5)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, ESPN+, 6 p.m. ET)
- Katlyn Chookagian (126) vs. Antonina Shevchenko (125.5)
- Gabe Inexperienced (170.5) vs. Daniel Rodriguez (170)
- Klidson Abreu (206) vs. Jamahal Hill (205.5)
- Tim Elliott (126) vs. Brandon Royval (125.5)
- Casey Kenney (136) vs. Louis Smolka (136)
- Chris Gutierrez (145.5) vs. Vince Morales (145.5)
*Weaver missed the light-weight restrict. He will probably be fined 20 p.c of his purse.