The middleweight bout was quickly referred to as off after one in every of Heinisch’s cornermen examined optimistic for COVID-19 forward of Saturday’s card. Anthony Ivy was pegged as a substitute to battle Meerschaert (31-12 MMA, 6-Four UFC).
Nevertheless, additional testing confirmed the preliminary check to be false – and Heinisch’s cornerman was cleared, individuals with the information of the state of affairs instructed MMA Junkie on Thursday. The battle was reinstated, consequently. Ivy is anticipated to stay on the UFC roster, as MMA Combating first reported.
After profitable his first two UFC bouts, the Dana White’s Contender Sequence alum Heinisch (13-Three MMA, 2-2 UFC) has dropped two in a row to Derek Brunson and Omari Akhmedov. He just lately revealed he signed a brand new four-fight deal with the UFC.
Meerschaert has received two of of his most up-to-date three bouts. A Roufusport product, Meerschaert most just lately defeated Deron Winn at UFC 248 in March.
With the change, the UFC 250 lineup now contains:
MAIN CARD (Pay-per-view, 10 p.m. ET)
- Champ Amanda Nunes vs. Felicia Spencer – for ladies’s featherweight title
- Raphael Assuncao vs. Cody Garbrandt
- Cory Sandhagen vs. Aljamain Sterling
- Neil Magny vs. Anthony Rocco Martin
- Sean O’Malley vs. Eddie Wineland
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN/ESPN+, eight p.m. ET)
- Alex Caceres vs. Chase Hooper
- Anthony Ivy vs. Gerald Meerschaert
- Brian Kelleher vs. Cody Stamann
- Charles Byrd vs. Maki Pitolo
PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Struggle Go/ESPN+, 6 p.m. ET)
- Jussier Formiga vs. Alex Perez
- Devin Clark vs. Alonzo Menifield
- Herbert Burns vs. Evan Dunham