The Invicta FC staples have signed with the promotion and are anticipated to face off towards each other Saturday at UFC on ESPN 12. Oren Hodak of KO Reps administration, which represents Frey, confirmed the reserving to MMA Junkie on Sunday.
Frey (9-Four MMA, 0-Zero UFC), a former Invicta champion, alluded to her signing in an Instagram put up Sunday. Hansen (6-Three MMA, 0-Zero UFC) introduced her signing outright.
Knowledgeable since 2013, Frey has competed largely below the Invicta banner, with stops in RIZIN and Highway FC alongside the best way. In February, Frey defeated Ashley Cummins by unanimous choice. Nonetheless, she was stripped of her title upon lacking weight previous to the struggle.
At 20, Hansen turns into the second youngest fighter on the UFC’s roster – one yr the elder of Chase Hooper. Getting into her UFC debut, Hansen received back-to-back fights towards Nicolle Caliari and Liana Pirosin.
UFC on ESPN 12 takes place Saturday on the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. The occasion will simulcast on ESPN and ESPN+.
With the addition, the UFC on ESPN 12 lineup now consists of:
- Dustin Poirier vs. Dan Hooker
- Mickey Gall vs. Mike Perry
- Brendan Allen vs. Kyle Daukaus
- Maurice Greene vs. Gian Villante
- Luis Pena vs. Khama Worthy
- Tanner Boser vs. Philipe Lins
- Viviane Araujo vs. Jennifer Maia
- Kyle Nelson vs. Sean Woodson
- Ramiz Brahimaj vs. Takashi Sato
- Jinh Yu Frey vs. Kay Hansen