Dustin Poirier was the largest winner at UFC on ESPN 12, each figuratively and financially.
After gutting out a grueling unanimous determination win over Dan Hooker in the primary occasion Saturday, Poirier (26-6 MMA, 18-5 UFC) took dwelling a $300,000 disclosed purse. Add on his “Struggle of the Night time” bonus, and Poirier pocketed $350,000 complete for his efforts.
MMA Junkie on Monday obtained a listing of fighter salaries from the Nevada Athletic Fee for UFC on ESPN 12, which befell on the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.
Poirier, 31, was amongst three fighters to earn a six-figure paycheck. Becoming a member of him have been Hooker, who earned $110,000, and Mike Perry, who pocketed $180,000 after defeating Mickey Gall, who made $50,000.
The overall disclosed pay for the 10-fight card was $1.14 million.
The total checklist of UFC on ESPN 12 salaries contains:
- Dustin Poirier: $300,000 (contains $150,000 win bonus) def. Dan Hooker: $110,000
- Mike Perry: $180,000 (contains $90,000 win bonus) def. Mickey Gall: $50,000
- Maurice Greene: $60,000 (contains $30,000 win bonus) def. Gian Villante: $75,000
- Brendan Allen: $28,000 (contains $14,000 win bonus) def. Kyle Daukaus: $12,000
- Takashi Sato: $28,000 (contains $14,000 win bonus) def. Jason Witt: $12,000
- Julian Erosa: $28,000 (contains $14,000 win bonus) def. Sean Woodson: $12,000
- Tanner Boser: $24,000 (contains $12,000 win bonus) def. Philipe Lins: $80,000
- Kay Hansen: $28,000 (contains $14,000 win bonus) def. Jinh Yu Frey: $14,000
- Youssef Zalal: $24,000 (contains $12,000 win bonus) def. Jordan Griffin: $20,000
The figures don’t embrace deductions for gadgets comparable to insurance coverage, licenses and taxes. Moreover, the figures don’t embrace cash paid by sponsors, together with the official UFC on ESPN 12 Promotional Tips Compliance pay. Additionally they don’t embrace another “locker room” or particular discretionary bonuses the UFC typically pays. Additionally they don’t embrace pay-per-view cuts that some top-level fighters obtain.
For instance, UFC officers additionally handed out a “Struggle of the Night time” bonus to Poirier and Hooker – and two $50,000 “Efficiency of the Night time” bonuses to Hansen and Erosa.
In different phrases, the above figures are merely base salaries reported to the fee and don’t mirror complete compensation packages for the occasion.