The subsequent time the UFC holds an occasion, it is going to be on “Struggle Island,”a.okay.a. Yas Island, United Arab Emirates.
On July 11, July 15, July 18, and July 25 the UFC will maintain occasions – 4 playing cards in 15 days.
The promotion notified the 4 playing cards’ value of athletes of its flight and testing procedures in a doc despatched out earlier this week.
Sunday, MMA Junkie obtained a second UFC doc. The brand new two-page format informs fighters of every of their combat week schedules in addition to what to anticipate by way of resort rooms, exercise house, eating, testing, social distancing, PPE, communal areas, native areas, and extra factors.
Beneath, MMA Junkie has summarized the doc:
All instances are native (except famous in any other case).
|UFC 251 (July 11 E.T.)||Tues. July 7, noon-6pm||Fri. July 10, 5pm-7pm||Solar. July 12, 2am-8am|
|Struggle Island 1 (July 15 E.T.)||Sat. July 11, 2pm-6pm||Tues. July 14, 5pm-7pm||Thus. July 16, 3am-9am|
|Struggle Island 2 (July 18 E.T.)||Tues. July 14, 12pm-3pm||Fri. July 17, 5pm-7pm||Solar. July 19, 1am-7am|
|Struggle Island 3 (July 25 E.T.)||Tues. July 21, 12pm-6pm||Fri. July 24, 5pm-7pm||Solar. July 26, 1am-7am|
- A ballroom has been transformed right into a gymnasium with cardio tools.
- Every athlete will obtain “ample lodging for themselves and all of their camp.”
- Every athlete will obtain a non-public exercise space with mats – a transformed bed room, near the room they’re staying in.
- Cleansing merchandise will likely be provided to the athletes, in addition to a conveyable sauna.
- Athletes is not going to have entry to the rooms till they move COVID-19 assessments.
Eating and Meals
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner will likely be offered to every athlete, in addition to $150 credit score/per day for ala carte objects.
- Three eating choices can be found – two eating places (which is able to solely enable 30 p.c capability) or in-room eating. There are additionally a handful of out-of-pocket eating places on the premises.
- Athletes is not going to be eligible for the free meal choices (above) on the times they’re using Trifecta (the UFC PI’s diet program) meals.
Testing, Social Distancing, and PPE
- Athletes and corners will likely be examined 4 instances
- Upon arrival on the airport
- Within the resort room, as soon as outcomes come again from Check 2
- On weigh-in day
- Fighters will likely be required to put on facemasks and gloves each time they’re outdoors of their rooms or exercise rooms.
- The UFC will present athletes with PPE.
- The UFC asks athletes and corners to stay two meters aside each time potential.
- Resort rooms will likely be cleaned each 48 hours.
- Not more than 21 persons are allowed within the resort gymnasium at a time.
- Each two hours, the gymnasium will likely be closed for brief cleansing.
- The gymnasium is open 24 hours however resulting from capability restrictions is just accessible to athletes and camps from 6 p.m.-10 p.m.
- No towels or water stations will likely be offered.
- People should disinfect equipement after use.
- The pool and spa are closed.
- Outlets: There are not any retailers or shops situated within the secure zone, excluding a “fundamental store” within the resort.
- Eating places: There are alternatives for eating within the Yas Plaza resort space.
- Golf course: A golf course on the premises will likely be open to athletes.
- “Different points of interest” will even be open.
- Meals deliveries should enter by means of a chosen “secure zone”
- Meals deliveries are usually not permitted except they’re deemed “enterprise important.”