Tanner Boser is losing no time in returning to the cage.
With Justin Tafa out, Canada’s Boser is anticipated to step in in opposition to Raphael Pessoa on 10 days’ discover on the UFC’s July 25 card. The occasion takes place on Yas Island, Abu Dhabi, also called “Combat Island.”
No cause for Tafa’s departure is thought at the moment.
Two individuals with data of the state of affairs knowledgeable MMA Junkie of the focused reserving on Wednesday however requested to stay nameless because the promotion has but to make an official announcement.
Boser (18-6-1 MMA, 2-1 UFC) turned heads in his most up-to-date outing on June 27 in opposition to former PFL heavyweight champion Phillipe Lins. In 2:41, Boser flat-lined Lins, successful within the first spherical by vicious knockout. The victory was his first end within the UFC.
Pessoa (10-1 MMA, 1-1 UFC) most not too long ago competed at UFC on ESPN+ 20 in October, choosing up his first promotional victory: a unanimous determination over Jeff Hughes. Pessoa was rebooked for March in a combat in opposition to Tom Aspinall. Nonetheless, he pulled out on account of harm. He was then booked to combat Alexander Romanov in April, however the occasion was canceled as a result of COVID-19 pandemic.
With the modifications, the present July 25 lineup consists of:
- Darren Until vs. Robert Whittaker
- Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Mauricio Rua
- Alex Oliviera vs. Peter Sobotta
- Alexander Gustafsson vs. Fabricio Werdum
- Carla Esparza vs. Marina Rodriguez
- Nicholas Dalby vs. Jesse Ronson
- Tom Aspinall vs. Jake Collier
- Tanner Boser vs. Justin Tafa
- Movsar Evloev vs. Mike Grundy
- Bethe Correia vs. Pannie Kianzad
- John Castaneda vs. Nathaniel Wooden
- Ramazan Emeev vs. Niklas Stolze
- Jai Herbert vs. Francisco Trinaldo
- Gadzhimurad Antigulov vs. Paul Craig