Nathan Maness is likely one of the latest members of the UFC roster, however he’s already paired up with a former title challenger.
The promotion has booked Maness (11-1 MMA, 0-Zero UFC) to struggle Ray Borg on the promotion’s return to American soil on Aug. 1. The occasion is predicted to happen on the UFC Apex in Las Vegas.
Two folks with data of the scenario knowledgeable MMA Junkie of the reserving Friday, however requested to stay nameless because the promotion has but to make an official announcement.
Maness, 29, is a former TKO MMA champion. The Kentucky-based fighter has picked up six finishes (4 knockouts and two submissions) in 12 skilled bouts. His lone profession loss was suffered to former UFC bantamweight Taylor Lapilus in Could 2019.
Borg (13-5 MMA, 0-Zero UFC) returns to motion after a last-minute withdrawal in mid-June. At UFC on ESPN 10, Borg was speculated to struggle Merab Dvalishvili. Nonetheless, two days earlier than the bout, Borg left Las Vegas and returned house for private causes. Borg is 2-2 in his most up-to-date 4 outings and is coming off a loss to Ricky Simon in Could.
With the addition, the present Aug. 1 lineup consists of:
- Holly Holm vs. Irene Aldana
- Derek Brunson vs. Edmen Shahbazyan
- Markus Perez vs. Eric Spicely
- Yana Kunitskaya vs. Ketlen Vieira
- Trevin Giles vs. Jun Yong Park
- Ed Herman vs. Da Un Jung
- Randy Brown vs. Vicente Luque
- Viviane Araujo vs. Jennifer Maia
- Jonathan Martinez vs. Frankie Saenz
- Chris Gutierrez vs. Luke Sanders
- Ray Borg vs. Nathan Maness