ABU DHABI – MMA Junkie was on scene and reporting stay from Friday’s early and official UFC on ESPN+ 30 fighter weigh-ins, the place all 22 fighters hit their marks with out problem.
In the principle occasion, Deiveson Figueiredo (18-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC) takes on Joseph Benavidez (28-6 MMA, 15-Four UFC) in a rematch for the vacant flyweight title. The 2 fought in February in Virginia, the place Figueiredo knocked Benavidez out within the second spherical. However he wasn’t eligible to win the vacant belt as a result of he missed weight.
This time round, there received’t be any drama associated to the size. Figueiredo got here in at 125 kilos on the nostril for the title struggle, as did Benavidez.
Within the co-feature, Kelvin Gastelum (16-5 MMA, 10-5 UFC) meets Jack Hermansson (20-5 MMA, 7-Three UFC) in a middleweight bout. Gastelum has had his personal points on the size previously, however was 186 kilos with out problem Friday. Hermansson was 186, as effectively.
The early weigh-ins came about on the Flash Discussion board in at Yas Island in Abu Dhabi. UFC on ESPN+ 30 takes place Wednesday on the identical venue. The cardboard airs on ESPN and streams on ESPN+.
The complete UFC on ESPN+ 30 weigh-in outcomes included:
MAIN CARD (ESPN+, eight p.m. ET)
- Deiveson Figueiredo (125) vs. Joseph Benavidez (125) – for vacant flyweight title
- Kelvin Gastelum (186) vs. Jack Hermansson (186)
- Marc Diakiese (156) vs. Rafael Fiziev (156)
- Luana Carolina (126) vs. Ariane Lipski (126)
- Askar Askarov (126) vs. Alexandre Pantoja (125)
PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, ESPN+, 5 p.m. ET)
- Roman Dolidze (206) vs. Khadis Ibragimov (206)
- Grant Dawson (150) vs. Nad Narimani (150) – 150-pound catchweight
- Joel Alvarez (156) vs. Joe Duffy (155.5)
- Montel Jackson (136) vs. Brett Johns (136)
- Amir Albazi (136) vs. Malcolm Gordon (135)
- Davi Ramos (156) vs. Arman Tsarukyan (156)
- Carlos Felipe (261) vs. Serghei Spivac (240)