- Roman Dolidze scored one of many knockouts of the UFC’s “Battle Island” competition of fights on Yas Island when he kneed Khadis Ibragimov within the face.
- Dolidze destroyed Ibragimov within the ultimate preliminary match on the “UFC Battle Night time: Figueiredo vs. Benavidez 2” present on the Flash Discussion board, Saturday.
- After he despatched Ibragimov crashing to the canvas, Dolidze pounced on his opponent and hit him with six extra punches when he was already defeated.
- Watch the brutal end proper right here.
- Go to Insider’s homepage for extra tales.
FIGHT ISLAND — An MMA fighter completed his opponent with a knee to the face, then hit him with six extra punches when he was already defeated on the ground.
The beautiful end was delivered by Roman Dolidze, who annihilated Khadis Ibragimov on the preliminary part of the “UFC Battle Night time: Figueiredo vs. Benavidez 2” present, which is the third of the UFC’s 4 “Battle Island” occasions on a quarantined part on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi.
Dolidze landed 19 of his 22 strikes within the bout which is a unprecedented accuracy ratio of 86%. Ibragimov, in distinction, solely landed 4 of his 14 important strikes, in keeping with official UFC statistics.
Finally, there was just one strike that mattered — a tough, chin-checking, lights-off switching knee which completed Ibragimov’s participation within the bout.
Sensing a highlight-reel knockout, Dolidze pounced on Ibragimov and hit him with afters till he was separated by the referee.
Watch the end right here:
—ESPN MMA (@espnmma) July 18, 2020
Or right here should you’re in a unique area:
—UFC on BT Sport (@btsportufc) July 18, 2020
With the win, Dolidze, a 32-year-old from Georgia, prolonged his unbeaten report to seven wins (4 knockouts, three submissions).
Dolidze’s destruction of Ibragimov was the ultimate bout on the preliminary card, following Joel Alvarez’s guillotine submission victory over Joe Duffy and Brett Johns’ resolution towards Montel Jackson.