Greater than 3,000 folks confirmed up at a car parking zone exterior the Mississippi Valley Fairgrounds in Davenport, Iowa, on Saturday (July 18, 2020) to look at Pat Miletich kickbox former two-time boxing champ Michael Nunn in what’s being reported because the third fight sports activities occasion in the US to be held in entrance of an viewers for the reason that Coronavirus pandemic shut down the world as we all know it.
Old style blended martial arts (MMA) followers are going to acknowledge a variety of names on this story concerning the “Conflict of Legends” occasion. The present was organized by Monte Cox. Jeremy Horn competed on the undercard boxing a 50 yr previous opponent. Former champions Tim Sylvia and Matt Hughes had been in attendance to look at. The entire thing was a wierd mish-mash of Quad Metropolis fighters of all stripes boxing and kickboxing in particular four-round fights, made all of the stranger by COVID restrictions.
Whereas images of the occasion confirmed few to no attendees carrying masks, the occasion did appear to comply with some tips. Seats had been clustered in teams of 10 that had been spaced out six toes aside. With an estimated 3,500 folks displaying up, some followers discovered themselves ridiculously distant from the motion. However I assume it nonetheless beats sitting at house being bored throughout lockdown.
As for Pat Miletich’s struggle? He ended up dropping a cut up choice (39-37, 40-36, 37-39) to the 57-year-old Nunn on the scorecards. The one choose who scored the struggle for Pat was apparently being fairly beneficiant.
“I seemed like a catcher’s mitt,” Miletich declared ruefully after the struggle.
The Quad Metropolis Instances has a fairly detailed breakdown of the present, together with a ton of images from the occasion. Veteran commentator Ron Kruck was additionally in attendance and shared these moments on social media:
Right here’s the total outcomes from the occasion:
- Roberto Negrete, West Liberty, 4-round choice over Daniel Buenaventura, Chicago
- Mitchell Leconte, Cedar Rapids, 2nd-round TKO over Tony Crowder, Des Moines
- Devoniere Jackson, Cedar Rapids, 4-round choice over Ryan Rutherford (kick boxing)
- Terrance Walker, Minneapolis, 2nd-round TKO over Ryan Antle III, Davenport
- Pachino Hill, Davenport, 2nd-round TKO over Will Omar, East Moline
- Jason Medina, Moline, 4-round choice over Sean Huffman, Knoxville, Tenn. (kick boxing)
- Jeremy Horn, Sandy, Utah, Third-round TKO over Marty Lindquist, Blaine, Minn.
- Junior Hernandez, Bettendorf, 4-round choice over Jeremy Castro, Clinton
- Donovan Dennis, Davenport, Third-round TKO over Anthony Williams, Whitesville, W.Va.