Timur Valiev is now a member of the UFC roster, and his promotional debut is being finalized.
Valiev (16-2 MMA, 0-Zero UFC), a former WSOF and PFL standout, is slated to tackle promotional sophomore Jamall Emmers in a featherweight bout on its upcoming Aug. 1 card in Las Vegas.
Two folks with information of the scenario knowledgeable MMA Junkie of the focused reserving Monday however requested to stay nameless for the reason that promotion has but to make an official announcement.
Valiev, 30, has lengthy been thought of among the finest bantamweight fighters exterior of the UFC. He trains with the likes of Frankie Edgar, Eddie Alvarez, and Zabit Magomedsharipov. The Russian fighter holds wins over Chris Gutierrez, Bekbulat Magomedov, and Josenaldo Silva.
Emmers (17-5 MMA, 0-1 UFC) dropped his promotional debut at UFC 248 in March. In opposition to surging Georgian Giga Chikadze, Emmers misplaced a break up determination. Previous to his UFC debut, Emmers had received 4 straight fights inside the space.
With the addition, the present Aug. 1 lineup consists of:
- Holly Holm vs. Irene Aldana
- Derek Brunson vs. Edmen Shahbazyan
- Markus Perez vs. Eric Spicely
- Yana Kunitskaya vs. Ketlen Vieira
- Trevin Giles vs. Jun Yong Park
- Ed Herman vs. Da Un Jung
- Randy Brown vs. Vicente Luque
- Viviane Araujo vs. Jennifer Maia
- Jonathan Martinez vs. Frankie Saenz
- Chris Gutierrez vs. Luke Sanders
- Ray Borg vs. Nathan Maness
- Jamall Emmers vs. Timur Valiev