The UFC started its 2020 campaign with a splash via the return of mixed martial arts’ biggest superstar, Conor McGregor.
Now, Saturday night’s UFC 247 features arguably the best fighter in the sport and perhaps the greatest to do ever do it, as Jon Jones puts the light heavyweight championship on the line against Dominick Reyes at the Toyota Center in Houston.
Jones (25-1, one no-contest) competes inside the cage for the first time since winning a split-decision over Thiago Santos at July’s UFC 239 in one of the best fights of 2019. Before then, Jones defeated Anthony Smith by unanimous decision at UFC 235 in March. A win at UFC 247 could be the last time Jones stays at 205 pounds, as he said on Monday’s “Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show” that a move up to heavyweight is on the docket for his next outing.
Reyes (12-0) wants to make sure Jones doesn’t get the opportunity to go forward with those plans. The 30-year-old earned his first career UFC title by stopping former middleweight titlist Chris Weidman inside two minutes in October.
Jones may have heavyweight kingpin Stipe Miocic on his mind, but Reyes is solely focused on making sure Jones moves up empty-handed.
Jones vs. Reyes live stream: How to watch UFC 247
The UFC 247 clash between Jon Jones and Dominick Reyes is available on ESPN+ in the United States.
ESPN+ can be streamed on Amazon Fire, AppleTV, Google Chromecast, Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Roku, iOS and Android devices, and many smart TVs.
Prelims of the UFC 247 card can be viewed on ESPN.
Jones vs. Reyes: How much does the UFC 247 pay-per-view cost?
- UFC 247 PPV price: $64.99
UFC 247 is available on ESPN+ at the pay-per-view cost of $64.99 (in addition to the ESPN+ subscription).
UFC 247 fight schedule
- Date: Saturday, Feb. 8
- Early prelims: 6:15 p.m. ET
- Prelims: 8 p.m. ET
- PPV card: 10 p.m. ET
- Main event: 12:15 a.m. ET (approximate)
UFC 247 will take place on Saturday, Feb. 8. The early prelims for the event begin at 6:15 p.m. ET. Prelims begin at 8 p.m. ET and are on ESPN. The PPV event, which features four fights, begins at 10 p.m. ET on ESPN+. Jones and Reyes should make their ring walks around 12:15 a.m. ET, although the exact time depends on the length of the earlier fights.
UFC 247 card
- Jon Jones (c) vs. Dominick Reyes for Jones’ Light Heavyweight title
- Valentina Shevchenko (c) vs. Katlyn Chookagian for Shevchenko’s Women’s Flyweight title
- Juan Adams vs. Justin Tafa; Heavyweight
- Mirsad Bektić vs. Dan Ige; Featherweight
- Derrick Lewis vs. Ilir Latifi; Heavyweight
- Trevin Giles vs. Antonio Arroyo; Middleweight
- Alex Morono vs. Kalinn Williams; Welterweight
- Lauren Murphy vs. Andrea Lee; Women’s Flyweight
- Mario Bautista vs. Miles Johns; Bantamweight
- Bantamweight Miles Johns vs. Mario Bautista
- Bantamweight Journey Newson vs. Domingo Pilarte
- Bantamweight Andre Ewell vs. Jonathan Martinez
- Austin Lingo vs. Youssef Zalal; Featherweight