Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here. The “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, the concept of the podcast is to look at goings-on in MMA and dig below the surface of that news — it can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show is a compilation of some of the best topics covered over the past week.
Here is a summary of the topics discussed, during the latest episode of the weekly “Best of” edition of the podcast. We hope you enjoy listening to the show and will continue to support it going forward. This week’s topics include:
1. I’m glad that Khabib Nurmagomedov turned down a chance to coach TUF opposite Conor McGregor…if that story is true, because it sounds kind of not true.
2. The UFC bonus system should go away and that money should go to providing the UFC fighters with $16,800 stipend per year per fighter.
3. Joaquin Buckley’s knockout of Impa Kasanganay is worth exponentially more to the UFC, ESPN and ESPN+ than it is to Buckley. Pay the man a percentage of the free press he drew for the UFC.
4. Did Cory Sandhagen set the UFC bantamweight back on course?
5. Jessica-Rose Clark gets some bad news and once again the fact that UFC athletes are independent contractors comes to the forefront.
6. Make the fighters employees, pay them a stipend and provide them with health insurance, not just injury insurance in camp.
7. Khabib Nurmagomedov should have been asked about his father and this fight camp, but he doesn’t need to be asked more than once.
8. The UFC has to be better in caring for its fighters, especially those like Wellington Turman, who have contracted COVID-19.
9. Dana White repeats his claims that athletic commissions would have to be the ones to increase fines for overweight fighters. This is usually true, but not always.
10. Germaine de Randamie doesn’t feel that she gets the respect she deserves. That’s true, but…
11. Colby Covington calls for civility when it comes to Donald Trump…c’mon now, Colby, don’t be a hypocrite.
12. Fighters should listen to Artem Lobov when it comes to fighter contracts.
13. Speaking of listening, Conor McGregor should not listen to Chael Sonnen.
If you enjoyed our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on one of our other BE Presents Channels: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM– whichever one happens to be your listening platform of choice. While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.