Our compilation show is a deep dive with host, Trent Reinsmith, into the bigger news and goings on in MMA, both inside and outside the cage; presented with a critical, unbiased eye.
Here is some detail on what’s going on here. The “regular” ‘C’mon Now MMA Podcast’ is a daily podcast of varying lengths, the concept of the podcast is to look at goings-on in MMA and dig below the surface of that news — it can be found here: cmonnow.substack.com/. This show is a compilation of some of the best topics covered over the past week.
Here is a summary of the topics discussed, during the latest episode of the weekly “Best of” edition of the podcast. We hope you enjoy listening to the show and will continue to support it going forward. This week’s topics include:
1. What’s Ali Abdelaziz talking about when he says there is no vacant UFC lightweight title?
2. Dana White doesn’t seem to believe Mike Perry’s ex-wife, Danielle Nickerson, when it comes to her domestic abuse allegations against Perry.
3. Jon Jones and Conor McGregor paid tribute (?) to Khabib Nurmagomedov by talking about themselves.
4. C’mon now Mike Tyson, you know damn well why UFC fighters make less than boxers, and a lot of it is your buddy Dana White.
5. The UFC needs to define what it is looking for when it comes to fight-night bonuses. You know, like every other sport or job does.
6. Cory Sandhagen secured Aljamain Sterling his UFC bantamweight title fight, now it’s up to Sterling to win that fight or face a looooong road back to another title shot.
7. Conor McGregor agrees to fight in 2021, but there’s still a lot to talk about when it comes to his fight opposite Dustin Poirier.
8. Dustin Poirier is right, he’s done too much for the UFC and left too much of himself inside the octagon to be short-changed by the UFC.
9. Dana White has big expectations for the UFC that seem to be tied to the 2020 election. We don’t know what those expectations are because the media didn’t ask.
If you enjoyed our show, give us a shout out in the comments here on Bloody Elbow, or give us a “like”, share & subscribe over on whichever BE Presents Podcast Channel happens to be your listening platform of choice: SoundCloud, YouTube, iTunes & Apple TV, iHeartRadio, Stitcher, Spotify, Google Play, TuneIn, OverCast, or Player FM, & NOW AMAZON MUSIC! – While you’re there, don’t forget to subscribe to Bloody Elbow Presents; that way you’ll always be the first to get all of BE’s daily MMA offerings. For previous episodes of the show, check out our playlists on all of our BE Presents channels.